Desborough Sailing Club British Moth Open Meeting
25th September 2021
NOTICE OF RACE
The Organizing Authority is Desborough Sailing Club
Email email@example.com, Web Site www.desboroughsc.org
- The event will be held at Desborough Sailing Club Ferry Lane Shepperton TW 179LQ
- The date of the event is25th September 2021
- This event is organised by Desborough Sailing Club.
- Competitors should not attend the event if they have symptoms of Covid 19, or within the previous 14 days have had symptoms or been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
- There will be restricted access to the Clubhouse but the changing rooms and toilet facilities will be open
- Registration will open from 10.00am
- Sailing Instructions will be availablein the Clubhouse.
- There will be a briefing for competitors in the vicinity of the club house at a time to be designated by the Race Officer.
- 3 Races, the warning signal for Race 1 will not be before 10:55 hrs
- There will be a charge for registration of £10 and will cover afternoon tea & coffee.
- Competitors should provide their own lunch
- The low point system (RRS Appendix A4) will apply. RRS A2 and “scores not discardable” will apply. Boats that did not finish or retired will be scored points for the finishing place one more than the number of boats entered in that race.
LEGAL & TECHNICAL
- Classes and Eligibility
- All boats entered must hold valid registration certificates with current buoyancy endorsements where applicable.
- Conditions of Sailing and Personal Liabilities
- Responsibility The safety of a boat and her entire management including insurance shall be the sole responsibility of the owner/person racing the boat who must ensure that the yacht and crew are adequate to face the conditions that may arise in the course of the race. Nothing whether in the Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions or elsewhere limits or reduces the absolute responsibility of the owner/person in charge of the crew, the boat and her management.
- Competence It is for the boat to decide whether she is fit to sail in the conditions in which she will find herself. By launching the boat confirms that she is fit for those conditions and her crew is competent to sail and compete in them.
- Class Requirements All boats, crew and equipment must comply with the measurement and sailing requirements of the Class Association.
- Insurance The boat is required to hold adequate insurance and in particular to hold insurance against third party claims to the sum of at least £2,000,000.
- Organiser’s Responsibility Nothing done by the organisers can reduce the responsibility of the boat, nor will it make the organisers responsible for any loss, damage, death or personal injury, however it may have occurred, as a result of a boat taking part in the racing. The organisers encompass everyone helping to run the race and event, and include but are not limited to the organising authority, the race committee, the race officer and patrol boats.
- Patrol Boats The provision of patrol boats does not relieve the boat of her responsibilities.
- Inspections Measurement certificates or boats may be inspected before or after any race at the discretion of the Principal Race Officer (PRO), who may stop a competitor from entering or racing if the PRO considers an inspection unsatisfactory. An inspection does not absolve the boat owner or sailors of any of their responsibilities as set out above.
- Minors All competitors under the age of 18 years at the time of the event are required to complete a parental declaration signed by their parent or guardian.
- Personal Buoyancy All under 8 years of age must wear adequate personal buoyancy at all times when on club premises and on boats or when sailing except when inside the club house under supervision. All must wear personal buoyancy when sailing if Flag Y is displayed.
- Change of Helm
- Change of Helm – A change of helm is classified as a new entry
- Rights to use Names & Likenesses
Competitors automatically grant to the organising authority without payment the right in perpetuity to make, use and show any motion pictures, still pictures and live, taped or filmed television of or relating to the events.