British Moth and Topper Open Meeting
Saturday 7th May
NOTICE OF RACE
This regatta will be governed by the:
- Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), except rule 1.2 is replaced by: Adequate personal flotation devices shall be worn by all crew members whilst afloat and on access piers or pontoons.
- RRS RYA Racing Charter.
- RRS RYA Prescriptions.
- RSS RYA Risk Statement in Addendum A of Appendix J.
- Maidenhead Sailing Club (MSC) Open Meeting Sailing Instructions, will be available
- Class Rules.
- Bye-laws of MSC
The regatta is open to boats of the British Moth and Topper class. Boats may be asked to produce:
- A valid measurement certificate
- A current buoyancy endorsement
- Entry and Fees
Boats may enter by completing registration. The fee is £20.00 per boat; £5:00 per Topper who is a guest of a British Moth sailor or MSC member. This does not include boat hire
Pre Entry for the event can be made via the club website at:
A complimentary lunch is included in the entry fee for each boat, please order before going afloat. Additional lunches are available for spectators etc. @ £5.00 each.
Registration 9:30 onwards
Race 1 11:00
Lunch 12:15 approx
Race 2 13:15 approx
Race 3 ASAP after conclusion of race 2 (Back to Back)
Tea & Cake 16:00 approx
Prize Giving ASAP after conclusion of racing
The Race Officer may adjust this on the day.
The starts will be staggered on a 5,4,1, go sequence with the British Moth’s starting first
The regatta will be held at Maidenhead Sailing Club at, address below. There is a chart of the lake showing the approximate positions of marks in the Open Meeting Sailing Instructions.
One race is required to be completed to constitute a series.
When fewer than 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores. When 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
Prizes will be awarded per class as follows:
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £3,000,000 per event or the equivalent.
- Novice Topper sailors may have coaching / assistance at this event to encourage them in competing
- Further Information
For further information please contact: Simon Hall, Menagerie Fleet Captain email@example.com