National Championships Update

It is now only a month until the BMBA National Championships at South Cerney Sailing Club (SCSC).

As of the 4th July it is now permitted, by HMG, to spend the night away from home and camp. This removes one of the hurdles to holding the Championships. Unfortunately, the ruling on gatherings of no more than 6 people has not yet been changed.

The latest guidance from the RYA, dated 29 June, is available on their website via this link,

Many sailing clubs in the UK have re-started recreational sailing and some have re-started club racing with limited safety boat cover. SCSC is open for club members and recreational sailing but at the moment is not open to visitors or allowing organised racing with safety boat cover.

The situation is still very fluid and hopefully will change for the better in the coming days. The BMBA committee have decided that we will make a final decision as to whether the Nationals will go ahead, sometime in the week of the 20th July.

Fingers still firmly crossed.

Richard Keefe (Chairman)