National Championships – update.

It is 2 months today until the start of the British Moth Nationals at South Cerney SC . At the moment it is uncertain as to whether the event can take place. SCSC has already been open for club members’ casual sailing for a couple of weeks, but not for racing and is not yet allowing visitors or camping.

However, restrictions are slowly being eased nationally, and the number of new covid-19 cases is reducing. Some clubs have already started limited club racing and will be watched carefully by other clubs.

Hopefully the situation will change sufficiently over the next few weeks to make it possible to hold our National Championships, possibly in a modified format to reduced social interaction, but only time will tell.

So as it stands, we still plan to hold our National Championships on the 5-8 August at SCSC, our fingers are firmly crossed.

Stay safe and watch out for updates on the situation.

Richard Keefe (BMBA Chairman)